WordPress comes with a wonderful and easy to use menu functionality, letting you quickly create a custom menu and place it in your theme’s supported menu areas or even in a widgetized area with the menu widgets. WordPress, and our themes, will start by adding all of your pages to the default navigation menu by default. You can then customize your menu in all our themes by going to Appearance > Menus.
To set up a new menu, please follow the steps below. It’s best to already have your pages created, even if they are blank pages.
Creating the Main Menu
- Navigate to Apperance > Menus page
- Click the “+” icon to make a new menu. Enter the name and click Create Menu
- Your menu should be named Main Menu and you need to set its location as Primary Menu
- You can manage your menus using the drag and drop functionality. To create a dropdown menu, simply drag a menu item below and slightly to the right of another menu item and it will lock into place, creating a dropdown section.
- Once you’re done, make sure you click Save to apply all the changes.