After you’ve created the menu, you’ll probably want to set up the Homepage. As you can see in the live demo and throughout the documentation, Athletica is a one-page website, so you’ll need to set all the options on one page.
Athletica is a multipurpose theme and it comes with 5 different homepage layouts:
To set up any of these layouts as your homepage, you need to navigate to Pages > Add New. After you create a new page, just set its title and choose the page template you want to use.
After you create the Homepage, navigate to Settings > Reading and adjust your front page settings as shown on the screenshot below:
After you’re done, navigate to Theme Options to upload your own loader, logo, homepage background image/images/video,…
Uploading the site preloader
If you want to replace the loader we used in the demo with your own .gif animation, navigate to Theme Options > Home Settings and click Upload under the Site Preloader:
Setting up the logo
If you want to replace the logo we used in the demo with your own, please go to Theme Options > Home Settings. As you can see on the screenshot below, you’ll have two options for the logo. If you want to use an image, click Use Image and upload your logo. If you want to use only text, click Use Text and simply enter the name.
Uploading the homepage background image / slideshow / video
Once you decide which homepage you want to use, follow these steps to set up the background image for the Main homepage, upload your slideshow for the slideshow homepage or your video for the video homepage.
- If you decided to go with the Main homepage, navigate to Theme Options > Theme Headers and upload the background image for your homepage.
- If you decided to go with the Slideshow Homepage, navigate to Theme Options > Home Settings > Homepage Slideshow Images and upload the slideshow images for your homepage.
- If you decided to go with the Video Homepage, navigate to Theme Options > Home Settings > Homepage Video Settings and enter the video URL.
- please keep in mind that in addition to entering the URL for your .mp4 video, .ogg video, you’ll also need to upload the image that will be shown on all mobile devices.
- NOTE: We suggest you to upload your video via FTP and then just paste the link in the Homepage Video Settings sections
Setting up the homepage header
After you’ve uploaded the background image / slideshow / video, you’ll need to go to Theme Options > Theme Headers to set up the rest of the homepage: