After you’ve created the menu, you’ll probably want to set up the Homepage. As you can see in the live demo and throughout the documentation, California is a multipurpose theme and it comes with 3 different homepage layouts:
To set up any of these layouts as your homepage, you need to navigate to Pages > Add New. After you create a new page, simply set its title and choose the page template you want to use.
Once you’re done setting up these options, you’ll need to navigate to Appearance > Theme Options and set up the homepage template you want to use.
Uploading and setting up your logo:
- Navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings and click Upload under the Logo.
- Enter the width and the height of your logo under Logo Width & Logo Height
Setting up the site preloader
- If you want to add a preloader to your website, go to Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings
- Click Upload under the Site Preloader and upload your gif loader. If you want to generate your own preloader, please go to http://preloaders.net/
Setting up the website background
- You’ll need to set up the background image for your website. Go to Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings
- Click Upload under the Site Background Image and upload your own background image
- NOTE: Don’t go to Appearance > Customize to upload your background image
Setting up the website header – Address & Social Icons
- Instead of the address in our demo, you can actually add any text you want. It can be your own restaurant address or some other info you want your visitors to see. To customize it, navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings and under the Address section enter your own text.
- In order to set up the social icons navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings > Social Links
- You can add up to 5 different social icons. As you can see, there’s no field to upload your own icons since we’re using MONO SOCIAL ICONS FONT. Instead of uploading your own icons, you only need to enter the name of the icon as shown on MONO SOCIAL ICONS FONT. After you enter the name of your icon, you’ll also need to enter the link to your social profile.
Setting up the image carousel slider
- Image carousel slider is the slider displayed just below the main homepage content. As soon as you scroll down, you’ll see a full-width slider with captions in a black box.
- In order to change the images and captions simply navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage Carousel & Video
- You can add new slider images by clicking Add New Slide
- You can also delete any image/slide by clicking on the red X visible after expanding the slide info
- After you upload the image, you’ll also want to add the caption. In order to do that, enter your text in the Description section of the slider. Note that you can use HTML here, so for the title use h4 code and the p element for the text as shown on the screenshot below:
- If you don’t want to show the carousel slider on your homepage just uncheck Use Carousel Slider