Installing Seattle Plugins
Once you have installed and activated the theme, you will see a notification to install the necessary plugins. Here are the steps you will need to follow to install everything correctly:
- Click the notification
- Select All Plugins and clickInstall
- After the plugins have been installed, select them all once again and click Activate
Importing Dummy Content & Theme Options
You can import the dummy content and the theme options in two ways: through our One Click Install or via standard XML Import.
One Click Demo Install
With Seattle, we got rid of XML files, and we have an unique One Click Demo Installer.
We have created a folder labeled “Demo Content” which contains an export for the Live Preview. There are two files you need to import, the .xml file (site content) and the .txt file (theme option settings).
- Go to Tools > Import > WordPress
- Install the WordPress import plugin
- Click Browse and import the XML file (dummy_content.xml)
- Check Import and Download Files if you want the images from the demo imported.
- Go to Theme Options > Import/Export
- Under Import Options, click Import from File and copy/paste the content of the theme_options.json file
- Click Save All Changes in your Options panel.
- After uploading the .xml and .json files all of your pages will show up in your main navigation by default. To complete the setup, go to Appearance > Menus and set up your main menu navigation.
- The next thing you need to do is to go to Settings > Reading and choose your homepage. First you need to select Static Homepage and then you need to choose one of the homepage templates.