WordPress comes with a wonderful and easy to use menu functionality, letting you quickly create a custom menu and place it in your theme’s supported menu areas, or even in a widgetized area with the menu widgets. WordPress and all our themes will add all of your pages to the default navigation menu automatically. You can then customize your menu by going to Appearance > Menus.
To set up a new menu, please follow the steps below. Its best to already have your pages created, even if they are blank.
Creating the Main Menu
- Navigate to Apperance > Menus page
- Click “+” to make a new menu. Enter the name and click Create Menu
- Your menu should be named Main Menu and you should set its location as Primary Menu
- You can manage your menus using the drag and drop functionality. To create a dropdown menu, simply drag a menu item below and slightly to the right of another menu item and it will lock into place creating a dropdown section
- If you want to use the mega menu feature you will need to add a mega_menu CSS class to the parent item as shown on the screenshot below
- Once it’s all done, make sure you click Save.