You can create any number of pages with content. Blog-A-Porter includes 10 page templates to choose from, and you will need to choose the page template that suits your needs. For example, if you want a “Services” page, then you need to select “Services” for the page template.
Follow These Steps Below To Create A New Page
- Navigate to Pages and click Add New.
- Input a new name for your page, then find the Page Attributes box on right side.
- Set your Parent page; it’s usually set to No Parent
- Set your template from the dropdown list. See list of page templates below.
- Select any number of page options in the Page Options box
- Content for your page goes in the editing field, use the Visual or Text editor.
Setting Up the About Us Page
To setup your About page, create a new page and name it anything that you want. Make sure the page Template is set to 01 | About in the Page Attributes Box on the right hand side of the page editor. In order to have a nice looking about page, you need to enter the title, short description and set the featured image as show on the screenshot below:
As you can see on the screenshot above, you can also decide if you want to show or hide the sharing buttons at the bottom of the page template you’ve created.
The next thing you need to do is to publish couple of posts under About us menu on the left side, just below the comments section. These posts will be used for the posts on the about us page template as shown on the screenshots below.
Now the only thing you need to do is to navigate to Blog-A-Porter > About and fill in the rest of the details for the about page template: